These are The Magic Memories 68, gone online Sunday, April 17th, 2022, at 0:07h sharp.
Yes, I know, not everyone is celebrating Easter, but hey, a Holiday is a Holiday, and whether political or religious, a Holiday is just a good idea, or so it seems to me – so good that it needs to be capitalized: get together with family and friends, have a nice meal, talk about the things of life, and at the end be a better person than before, regardless of politics or religion. Now apply the same idea to magic…
Card College 3&4 – Personal Instruction (Final!) Update
Today’s blog is going to be a short one as we are still fully immersed into the roadwork required to bring Card College 3&4 – Personal Instruction to you, if all goes well next week!
Stay tuned, and make sure to be on the mailing list for The Secret Newsletter (you can subscribe on the home page of www.robertogiobbi.com) to receive the announcement of the launch in a few days.
Here is what I can already tell you:
- a total of 22 hours of teaching, without bla-bla, just essential information, still in a pleasant and relaxing atmosphere
- 157 techniques, plus variations thereof
- 42 laypeople-oriented tricks, magical and entertaining (in this order), done for a small audience, that show how to apply the technical concepts taught in a real performance
- 5 camera-angles in a no-frills set that focuses on what is important
- 25 Lessons: 11 lessons for Card College 3 – Personal Instruction, 14 lessons for Card College 4 – Personal Instruction, together 25 lessons for Card College 3&4 – Personal Instruction, plus an informative “Introduction” that tells you how to best study the videos, and an “Envoy” at the end
- You can get each volume separately, or both at a special price to be announced soon. A bit later every lesson can even be purchased individually
- all of this at a fair price that will not be an expense, but an investment, with many returns…
There will be almost all techniques from the Card College books 3 and 4, PLUS several new ones.
And many of the tricks that are in the books, PLUS over a dozen new ones.
So, if you have the books, you’ll get quite a bit of extra material, if you don’t have the books, well, you also get it 🙂
But even the tricks that are already in the books and are interpreted here, have been completely revised presentationally. The books came out in 1992 and 1994, respectively, and meanwhile I’ve expanded my vision of magic. A lot of what I had been doing intuitively at the time has been brought to process-level, much of it named and described in my latest book, Sharing Secrets (2021). I think you’ll find the presentations I’ve come up with, to be inspirational and of great practical help for your own magic.
As in all my books, I have made every effort to stay away from preaching or being dogmatic: All sleights, tricks and theories have an open architecture that will allow you to capture the essential ideas, use them as-is, if you wish, or adapt them to fit your style and requirements. As a teacher I want you to become better than me 🙂
There has often been one misconception about the volumes 3 and 4 of Card College that I would like to clear up here: Many believe that the material in these two volumes is more difficult than in the first two.
Nothing could be further from the truth. Although the Card College books are not an encyclopedia, but a course, I’ll use it as analogy by saying that in an encyclopedia the volumes M to R and S to Z, are not more difficult than the volumes A to F and G to L. Did I make myself clear?
Yes, a few items will require patience and practice, such as the techniques taught in the chapters about “Advanced Palming” or “Advanced Passes”, but most other chapters, like “Sandwich Techniques”, “Tilt”, “Estimation”, “Turnovers”, “Reverses 2”, and others are as easy as pie. And several of the tricks performed can be done after just a very moderate amount of study.
As a matter of fact, today’s gift to you, is a performance-only clip from “Lesson 30 – Riffle Shuffle 2”, dedicated to the wonderful complexities of the Riffle Shuffle, and it uses the easiest of all False Riffle Shuffles to retain the entire order of the deck that you will ever learn: You can acquire it in just a few minutes, provided you can do a regular Riffle Shuffle already, but that’s all. The piece is called “Reality and Fantasy”. And if you “use your head” you will find you can do this even without any sleights…
To enjoy “Fantasy and Reality” CLICK HERE.
Have an excellent week!